Sunday, July 20, 2014

Explore to Gas Work Park.

Gas Work Park

This weekend I went to Gas Work Park with my aunt and cousin, this is the picture of Gas Work Park's map and introduction.
It talk about why this park was created and its story.

The History in Gas Work Park

This was the first time I went to the Gas Work Park, this is a very famous park in Seattle, I heard it several times. But I don't know why it is so popular. So I chose it to explore and have fun. Before the day I went there, I had searched the internet about the park's history and some interesting things. I found out the reason why it called Gas Work Park is, it constructed a factory in 1906, and this factory manufactured gas from coal - later converted to crude oil. Then Seattle acquired the site for a park in 1962, and in 1975 this park was opened for public. And it used to call Myrtle Edwards Park, because Myrtle Edwards was a person who had a lot of contributions of this park.
These are the picture of the factory of Gas Work Park.



The Special Things and Activities

Gas Work Park has a large area and it is very beautiful, because it located on the north shore of Lake Union. So it has some water sports, like some people will boating in the lake, it including  tugs, yachts, tour ships, sailboats, kayaks and canoes. I am very interested in activities of  Lake Union. Some people also will kite flying and picnic there, because it also features an artificial kite-flying hill.


This is the picture of people boating in the lake.
The artificial kite-flying hill also with an elaborately sculptured sundial built into its summit.


And it has some wild ducks in the park.


Actually, I don't know what the animal is. But it is very cute, and the parents protected their kids a lot.
Be careful and don't be too closed with them, or they will hurt you.
Another beautiful scenery is you can see the downtown Seattle when you in the Gas Work Park. Because it located on west Seattle, so across the lake is Seattle Center.


And when I was walking on the Gas Work Park, I found out there has so many houseboats. It really surprised at me, because inside houseboats it also has electricity, water and some daily necessities. So houseboat not only is peoples' house, but also can carry them travel around. So cool, isn't it?


Compare My Country's Park and Gas Work Park 

In my country, park doesn't have a lake. It just a small park let people to exercise, walking, and relax. We also can flying the kite in the park, but we don't have any water activity in the park. Compare my own country, Gas Work Park has history and large area to engaged in different activities.

My country's park.

No comments:

Post a Comment