Saturday, July 5, 2014

Start my adventure

Seattle Art Museum

Foreword

Every month's first Thursday, Seattle's museum will be free, so we went to SAM to appreciate the painting and sculpture ..... This is the first time I've been to SAM, I really liked it and had fun, because there have a lot of different culture's exhibition. I think everything can be art, food can be art, and beautiful scenery can be art. Because art cannot just confine of painting, sculpture or photo. If you think it is art, it would be art. This is my definition of art. I chose two different sections to visit, one is eastern culture, another one is western culture. Then let me introduce the section I've visited and my favorite art.

 Nature and Pattern in Japanese Design

This is the first part I've been to visit, it full all of Japanese historical relic. In this section has some traditional  woman clothes, traditional hanging scroll, and some beautiful plates. My favorite staff call Peonies, it is a hanging scroll, the reason why I love it, is because it has a lot of color, and I think this is very graceful, and magnificent.

Decorative Arts and Design

The other section I have visited is Decorative Arts and Design, this part full a lot of paintings and sculptures, and it is more modern than Japanese section, because all of paintings and sculptures can appear of progress of the times, people's life and the situation of the city, so compare the traditional eastern art, it shows more humanity in the painting. This is my favorite staff in this section, it is the window call " Peonies in the Wind. "
The reason why I like it is the color on this staff is very bright. And the meaning is according to a friend , painter John interests in decoration of architectural interiors "let him to the careful observation of ancient stained glass, with a view to providing the modern world with something that might be to it what the window of Reims Cathedral... were to the Middle Ages." I like both of painting and meaning of this staff.
This is the elevator from Chicago stock Exchange.

This is "Women at Work." It show the live of women in 19 century.

This is "Spring on West 78th Street." This painting was painted on 20 century, the painter was an American, and he loved New York and spent most of  time in New York. So he painted it to described the city in his mind.

Compare the Art Museum of my Country and SAM

This is the art museum in my country, sometimes we will have some exhibition about famous painters and special sculptures, but we don't have different culture's exhibition at the same time.
This is SAM, its exhibition has different culture's staff,so it is very different from the museum of my hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment